0800 16 8472
+64 (0)9 279 7283
+64 (0)21 168 7230

Expired Skilled Migrant Visa: Tips on Making a Section 61 Request

Unlawfully staying in the New Zealand can get you in all sorts of trouble. For instance, you will not be able to work or study, and are liable to be deported at any time. If you haven’t been issued a deportation order and are planning on staying, you can try to apply under section 61. Basically, this is sort of a last resort for you to get back on to a lawful visa if your skilled migrant visa expires. Mind you that making a request for section 61 does not guarantee that you will be granted a visa. Therefore, to improve your chances, there are a few things you can do.
Supply All Necessary Information
New Zealand Immigration can be quite strict when it comes to their requirements, and it is in your best interest to make sure that you supply all necessary information. Not only will this help better your odds but this can also speed up the whole process. While the government does not reFirst, you must provide personal details such as your name, date of birth and other information they can use to identify you. Your employment details such as your current employer is and your current profession also need to be given. Any other supporting documents you have on hand can also be sent along with your request.
making a section 61 request

Convincing Reasons for Staying
Still, your request will not be considered with the paperwork alone. You will need to give them convincing reasons for your stay. In this case, help from a licensed immigration adviser who handles special cases like unlawful overstay, particularly the section 61 area can come very handy. New Zealand Immigration will likely ask you to give a reason why you stayed long after your NZ skilled migrant visa has expired and why you can’t return to your home country or go to another country to apply for a visa there. Disclosing information about your personal circumstances with work or family can also help you. Your immigration adviser can help you present these reasons as fully as possible in writing.
Of course, justifying why you stayed with an expired visa will not be enough. To be even considered for section 61, you must also prove that your presence in New Zealand can contribute to the country’s growth, especially if you plan on staying long term.  Ask licensed immigration adviser Auckland South Immigration Consultants to explore your options and know how your visa can be approved.
Will efforts to regain lawful status by a person on expired visa be recognised by immigration?, New Zealand Immigration
Migrant Exploitation, Employment New Zealand

Immigration Stress Free

Contact us on    0800 16 8472 or +64 9 279 7283 or +64 21 1687230

Email us   atesh@asic.co.nz  
Physical Address 1
  • 26 Donegal Park Drive
  • Flat Bush, Manukau City
  • Auckland 2019
  • New Zealand
  • map